Respect for People. We believe that genuine concern and empathy help create a vibrant work environment and nurture lasting employee, customer, supplier, and community relationships. Bassett strives to treat people fairly, honestly, ethically, and with dignity.
With core values like that, it’s no surprise that Bassett Mechanical is top notch when it comes to supporting not only our associates, customers, and suppliers but also the needs of those in the surrounding communities in which we live, work, and play. Bassett Mechanical believes in supporting organizations who provide basic needs (food, shelter, clothing) as well as education and works diligently to use our time and skills to bring those necessities to individuals in need. Our company and workforce have combined to create a powerhouse of people who care deeply about each other and the community. This care and concern is shown in the many various charitable organizations we support.
We GO. Weekends, after hours, and lunch breaks are often filled with Bassett associates planning or participating in charitable events. You can find Bassett participation in many area events:
- Rock the Block- Habitat for Humanity
- Sole Burner- American Cancer Society
- Red Cross Blood Donation Drives
- Red Kettle Drives- Salvation Army
- Tough Mudder- Wounded Warrior Project
- Homeless Connections
Bassett also supports our associate’s participation in a variety of organizations in our community and industry by serving on committees and boards including:
- United Way Board of Directors and volunteer committees
- Fox Valley Technical College Board of Trustees
- Salvation Army Board of Directors
- Union Committees including Health and Welfare, Pension, Apprenticeship, and Bargaining
- Industry Associations like IIAR, RETA, ASHRAE, MCA, MSCA
We DO. We have a workforce with some incredible skills. Many of our generous associates can be seen using those skills to help their community. We are able to support many charities with the skilled trades we have in-house:
- New heating system purchase and installation- B.A.B.E.S. Child Abuse Prevention Program
- Construction of two Maltese cross emblems- City of Kaukauna Fire Station
- COTS (transitional homeless shelter)- consulting, design, engineering, and installation of much-needed upgrade to the HVAC and related systems
- Heat’s on Program (Madison & Fox Cities)
- Major Project Day- Rebuilding Together Fox Valley
We GIVE. Generosity doesn’t stop with giving of our time and our skills. As a culture, we also give when we can to those in need. It’s because of our generous associates we were able to achieve the United Way Sustained Excellence Award (2016) and United Way Employee Participation Award (2012). Beyond United Way, who in turn supports many other local initiatives, our company also supports:
- Annual Adopt-A-Family Drive
- Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive/ Local 18 Fox Cities Crisis Program
- Goodwill Donation Drives
- Engineering Scholarships-UW Fox Valley Foundation
- Community Benefit Tree (also the recipient of the 2015 Compassionate Employer Award)
- LEAVEN Fox Cities Community Resource Center
- Bay Area Medical Center Capital Campaign
- Catulpa Health- (local mental health organization focused on needs of kids in our community)
- Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes
- Bassett also supports many requests from employees, customers, and other community stakeholders for a variety of charitable events and fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
Bassett is proud to support our community and very proud of all of our associates for going above and beyond when it comes to helping these organizations. Watch for notifications on future charities we will be supporting and THANK YOU to our associates for thier generous support and participation in making our community a better place to live, work, and play!